As I began to write this, my heart was full of the goodness of living in the country. The sunsets are amazing, laying out on a star-filled summer evening is a joy and being surrounded by my cats, cattle, dogs, guinea and llama is wonderful.
And then....the bubble bursts...out of nowhere comes the skunk, which was, of course, preceded by its smell and the yapping of one small dog. The dogs got the skunk running, the chicken less than thrilled, the cats scampering, and the coyotes howling. In addtion to all the commotion, the husband comes running out with a befuddled look on his face, gun in hand, wearing boxers and a t-shirt, lookin' for the varmit what caused all the noise and awoke him from his beauty sleep. Needless to say, the pole cat what got away is off gawfawing with its cohorts at the stuff and nonsence caused by a little stroll.
Yes, being out in the country is a delight (most of the time) until reality bites! Animals will be animals, bugs will bother, cats will cause catastrophies, dogs will diddle and the world will go on. What keeps the peace in my life is the choice I make concerning how I will feel about a particular situation.
At this particular moment I choose to return to the solitude of my quiet area in the house and begin my blog adventure. In addition to leaving a job of 10 years (my choice), surviving cancer, having a teen age daughter, beginning a new job, and reevaluating my life at 52 I picked a less stressful adventure than some. Sometimes a gal just needs to do something for herself and this is my something.
I am incredibly unorganized, I am impulsive, creative, and funny. My friend, who is also my opposite, (she is extremely organized, good at scheduling and not nearly as outspoken as me) keeps me laughing, is also creative and serves a an anchor in my life. This particular friend also has a blog and was my inspiration for stepping out on the web high wire.
for those of you who find this, congrats. You have just met the ecclectic woman surrounded by all the cats who is known to talk to herself at times and will talk your ear off if you stumble onto the property. But watch out for the husband in the boxers and t-shirt. He might mistake you for a varmit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment